Monday, October 13, 2008

This One's for Louise on the Left




Dear Louise,

Thank you for indulging my constant-need-for-attention (you must be an experienced parent!), and for stroking my ego.

I adore being stroked.

I would ride proudly as your Curly-passenger to your Laurie driver,if you were to drive a sparkly, metallic purple golf cart with the white "fringe on the top."

I was Purple Peter for well over two decades, so the former me - the Artist Formerly Known as Purple Peter - cheered triumphantly when I saw a metallic dark purple smart fortwo car on the freeway last month! (it's not a standard color choice; those are custom made).

Also, I have been meaning to post a rather lengthy blog entry during this past busy & hectic week (after being tagged by The Constantly Dramatic One). So, I also thank you for giving me a time-efficient entry to post.

Mm-M'WAH!

And to my Iowanian cohort, Sunshine, here are the poses with 'the guns,' just for you! Thank you for stroking me, too.

Who else wants to stroke me?

5 comments:

Prince Gomolvilas said...

"I adore being stroked."

You. Are such. A whore.

Peter Varvel said...

Stroke me, Prince.
Please.

the last noel said...

Wow. Congrats on the new car--it suits you. It's cute and yellow, like you!

Peter Varvel said...

N, ha ha! Thanks! That's what I thought, too, hee hee.

Louise On The Left (Coast0 said...

I love these pictures, thank you!

(Prince, don't make come over there and kick your ass for calling Pete a "whore." Besides, everyone's a whore sometimes. -- There's a life-lesson I'll be rushing to share with my kids.)

BTW: I was one of the few girls in school who actually collected Matchbox cars. I still have them.

One of my favorites was a 60's minivan just like the one in Little Miss Sunshine. And a bright yellow horse trailer which has tiny plastic white horses.

Anyhow, I do still have most of my Matchboxes.

I love how your car reminds me so much of them. (and I love the enthusiasm. We should all be this happy about our cars.)

-----------------------

Here's what a second grader said about MY car recently.

I was driving her home from a playdate Sunday night.

Thalia: "How come your car is so dirty?"

Me: (Secretly fuming because my husband never helps me clean my car, or take out the garbage.)
"Oh, well, honey, because I guess I don't pick it up as much as some people do, that's why."

Thalia: "No, I didn't mean the dirt on the outside, I meant all that stuff on the floor inside."

Me: "Oh, that's because I would rather play with my kids than clean my car (I said, lying, because I'd just hosted a nine hour play date & somehow was still stuck driving the kid home, too.).

Talia: "Oh. Well, my Mommy plays with me and cleans the car."

Me: (pregnant pause) "Uh, huh. You're lucky."

-----------------------
I liked reading the interesting facts about you.

That sucks about your father. I had a very painful relationship with my father, too. After I had kids my parents tried hard to "mend fences." But, there are some things you never forget, do you?

Certain things can be said or done that can kick a hole in your heart, no matter how much time passes.

Oh, well. Sadly, it's their loss.

-- louise