Monday, December 8, 2008

Time, Time, Time - See What's Become of Me


I wish I had more time.

I wish I had more time to blog, and to read every single detail of my friends' blogs.

I wish I had more time to play on facebook, reconnecting with old friends and checking in on new ones.

I wish I had more time to exercise and stay fit. I miss the two hour workouts that I used to have both time and energy for, when I was still waiting tables.

I wish I had time to do more writing, enjoy more reading, and work on more choreography.

I wish I had more time to still take dance class, and yoga, and cooking, and French, and maybe even ceramics.

I yearn to audition, still, and to have the time (and the energy - oy!) for rehearsals and performances.

I wish I had more time to go at my elderly dogs' pace and take them for leisurely walks when they're ready to, instead of waking them up while it's still dark outside and forcing them out of warm, snuggly blankets, just so I can feed them and still leave for work on time.

I wish I had more time to spend with friends and family, to enjoy doing whatever together, to just enjoy being together.

Right now, I know that I just need to make time when I can. I know I need to appreciate each spare moment that I get to do any of the above.

This working-full-time thing really gets in the way of all of that. Who knew? I do like that regular and reliable paycheck, though.

Maybe in retirement . . .

6 comments:

the last noel said...

Are you writing poetry? It seems your writing is swaying in that direction--good job.

Michael DeAntonio said...

Leisure is for suckers. So is family. I hope you don't miss either.

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

I like this, simple yet beautiful at the same time...

quin browne said...

money is kinda nice....

Peter Varvel said...

N, I was just flying without a net . . . thanks!

MV, how 'bout hedonism? Hell, yeah!

TCDO, awww, thanks! Hope your break is going well.

Q, and necessary, bleah.

mr jp said...

funny how we appreciate time more when we have less of it :P