Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Defined by Seven Spaces


My obsession over the anticipation of a new car continues. I asked Quin and Prince this weekend, after breakfast, what choices they might make if they ever got vanity plates

I have been contemplating personalized license plates for the smart fortwo. I haven't had vanity plates since my first car in the early 90's, a Geo Metro. I miss that car! It was white but the license plates said PTR PRPL. I was Purple Peter or Peter Purple for more than two decades. I wore something purple everyday from 1981 to 2001.

Then I stopped.

I still love the color, and I still have a lot of residual purple pieces in my wardrobe. I just don't wear it every single day like I used to.

But, back to the new plates. I've been thinking. Maybe:

ABBREV8
or
IMPUDNT

As my car is going to be yellow, I've thought about getting plates that would play on the theme of my Asian background:

YLW FELO
or
YELO GUY
or
HAPA CAR
or
HAPA GUY . . . HALF JAP?

'Hapa' is the Hawaiian term for half-Japanese, or half-Asian. Plus, as I had mentioned in the previous post, the smart fortwo is pretty much just half of a car.

I had meant to look into getting a personalized plate for my scooter, such as:

KUL RYDR (an ode to 'Grease 2')
or
WCKD RYD (an ode to 'Wicked')
or
FYR LZRD (an ode to author Anne McCaffrey, because the scooters are like little fire lizards).

I've always wanted the plate PER4MER, but I think my dancing and singing days are behind me.

Hmmm, speaking of favorite authors, perhaps TESERCT?

What do you think of FRBY GUY or FRBY CAR? Then I could put a matching yellow Furby on the dashboard. Perhaps even FURBY <3, now that the choices for vanity plates include such symbols as a heart, a star, and a hand.

How about you? What would your personalized plates say?

4 comments:

BMW said...

Mine is EKIMSKD

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

Go with WICKED, totally. Also I love purple too! BFF!!

Peter Varvel said...

BMW, I have seriously considered 'FUN CITY' thanks to you. ('Eek, I'm scared!' is that right?)

TCDO, yours should say 'MS DRAMA'!

quin browne said...

i told you, FMD


like, doh!


for you, i'd put TARWINNER