Saturday, February 28, 2009

I Hate This


I hate this. I hate not being able to continue nursing my addiction to facebook and reading blogs. During work hours.

Play time is over. The suffering and insufferable economy that continues to cripple our nation has forced many work places to reexamine every possible facet for improving efficiency, including the amount of Internet surfing.

For me, that means barely checking my personal email anymore. And I don't dare to even tune in to my daily dose of Dear Abby. Not while I'm at work.

I have to keep focusing on the fact that I am employed at all, and without a cut in pay.

But I still hate it. And I miss you. I miss reading your blogs, your wonderful, funny, and inspiring blogs.

Can I read them at night? Sure. But I can't do it all. I cannot also keep up with facebook on a daily basis, and continue working on the first novel, and do a little bit of reading, etc., especially while in rehearsal still, for the 99 Cents show.

I cannot do it all, and I have never been a person who has wanted to do it all.

So I will have to continue to work on achieving moderation, continue looking for that happy medium and healthy balance for all areas of my life.

Hopefully, I will be able to adjust to writing shorter blog posts. Hopefully, I will continue to work on my young adult novel just a little bit at a time, on a regular and consistent basis.

And hopefully, you do not feel ignored by me to the point that I lose both you and your interest.

I would hate that.

7 comments:

Mr. Macabre said...

I hate it for you also, the economy is such that it's crippling not only people's livelihoods but spirits also.

mr jp said...

I miss you reading my blog too ... lol.

Lori said...

I miss you :(

quin browne said...

i never feel ignored by you...

quin browne said...

ps you are tagged on my blog.... live with it. ahahaha!

golfwidow said...

I miss my Peter.

Cheryl said...

My work has been busy too (they're not denying me personal internet usage, but they're giving me lots to do, so the effect is the same). So I thought I had abandoned you. Good to know it's mutual. And hopefully temporary. :-)